Fill these beautiful scones with Lana’s Garden Rhubarb & Raspberry Jam and whipped coconut cream. They are GF, refined sugar free, crispy on the top and soft in the middle And packed full of subtle flavours.
Blueberry & Rosemary
- 1 ¾ cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ – ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Lana’s Garden Rhubarb & Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- Create a well in the centre and add the vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix well (but not too much) until a dough consistency begins to form.
- Add the rosemary and blueberries, gently stirring once again.
- If the mixture is looking too sticky, gradually add in the wholemeal flour. You may not need all of it.
- Transfer the dough onto a lined baking tray and using your hands, press into a circle. It should not be too thin or too thick and the dough should be evenly spread (approx 3-4cm)
- With a sharp knife, score the scone first in half, then quarters and then eighths so that there are eight even pieces.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and bake for approximately 25 minutes. To test, touch the centre of the scone. If it is firm the scone is ready.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing up and serving with Lana’s Garden Rhubarb & Raspberry Jam and whipped coconut cream.